Sunday 29 June 2014

Finding My Inner Benebabe - Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner

I caved. I’ve been hearing so much about Benefit They’re Real Push Up Liner that I had to go out and see what the fuss was about. I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews. For the most part people have been singing the new Benefit product’s praises, speaking about the ease of use and staying power whereas others have noted the dryness and how it drags along the eye. When I first saw the packaging I did think it was a little gimmicky, but then that is the Benefit way. This is by no means a bad thing, the marketing department at Benefit are absolutely amazing. They’ve turned Benefit into an extremely dynamic and well rounded brand which is entirely different from other premium brands - they sell this youthful, fun brand which people find approachable. Their strong position on this brand personality is evident in all aspects of Benefit from their cute packaging, their perky staff and of course, their marketing campaigns on social media and the likes of the Gabbi’s Head pub which has recently opened in London. It is this personality which has lead to their massive success in global cosmetics market - people want to be a part of Benefit which is why everyone wants to try their products. I do like Benefit products but if I’m being perfectly honest I think they’re packaging is more attractive than the product itself. Until now - I am in love with They’re Real Push Up Liner. I’m once again a Benebabe. 

BENEFIT THEY'RE REAL PUSH UP LINER

The liner itself is a new concept where it’s a gel formula coming from a pen. Although I shouldn’t say pen, it’s an Accuflex tip (rubber angled tip). This tip is flexible enough that it makes it easy to control but rigid enough that it gives a straight line without much effort. I usually use a gel liner with an angled brush which despite years of practice, I still find to be a bit of a hit or miss with how straight the line is and how neat my flick is. For me, this is the perfect solution. I managed to get a pretty neat line and well positioned flick in record time. It’s easy to build up too so if you prefer a thin line the tip hugs the lash line making it easy to get a more natural look, but then if you do like something a bit more dramatic its easy to build on. 


I do agree that the product itself is a little dry but this isn’t a massive issue for me. I find that due to this it doesn’t smudge and is extremely long wearing. Normally when I put eyeliner in the inner corner of my eye it ends up smudging really quickly but I didn’t have any issues with the Benefit liner at all, even without going over it with black eyeshadow like I normally do.


While I was picking up the liner, I was also given a little sample of They’re Real Remover as I was told that the liner was pretty tough to get off. The makeup remover was nice enough and did get the liner off without nipping my eyes or leaving me looking like a panda. But then, so did my usual makeup remover of choice, Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil. If you’re in the market for a new makeup remover the Benefit They’re Real Remover is a good option but I think I’ll be sticking to an oil.


Have you tried They’re Real Push Up Liner yet? 

4 comments :

  1. I havent tried this eyeliner, and i want too! But ive been hearing mixed reviews!
    xprincessjas | xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth trying! I think everyone looks for different things, especially with an eyeliner so what I like might not the same as what you like, but it's definitely worth a try :) x

      Delete
  2. I picked this up today, im so excited to try it out :)
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep an eye out for a review ;) x

      Delete