Monday 5 May 2014

The Gentle Approach to Dry Shampoo - Klorane Oatmilk Gentle Dry Shampoo

Klorane Oatmilk Gentle Dry Shampoo


I’ve always been a dry shampoo fan. When I was blonde, I used to get away with washing my hair once a week due to my excessive dry shampoo consumption (if you came into my room in the morning, it’d pretty much look foggy…). Batiste was always my go-to when I was blonde because you couldn’t see the white residue; in fact, it helped hide my roots if my hair needed coloured (great tip right there). Now that I’m a brunette, being lazy with my hair isn’t as easy. For a start, because I’m not bleaching my hair, my hair isn’t as dry so I’m not able to get as long between washes. But also, it left me in a bit of a pickle with dry shampoo. If you have darker hair and have tried the original Batiste Dry Shampoo, you’ll know that even vigorous ruffling doesn’t really get rid of the white power. The Batiste Dry Shampoo for Brown and Dark Brownhair was a good option for a while; it absorbs oil and adds a bit of body to the roots and blends in well with darker hair. However, recently I’ve been having issues with my scalp. I have psoriasis on my elbows and knees permanently but as well as this, patches randomly decide to appear on random parts of my body. A few months ago, my psoriasis decided to move to my scalp and I’ve found that Batiste isn’t really agreeing with it. It’s leaving my scalp really itchy and quite dry/sensitised. After some searching, I came across Klorane Oatmilk Gentle Dry Shampoo on Escentual which promised a softer approach to dry shampoo and so far I’ve been very impressed.


I followed the instructions and sprayed the dry shampoo in to my roots; left it to do its thing for a couple of minutes then brushed it out to find freshly washed looking hair. It has a light, fresh fragrance too which is always a plus. Oil was absorbed, body was added, and most importantly for me, it was very gentle and my scalp didn’t feel aggravated. I’ve been using this religiously for a few weeks now and although the psoriasis on my scalp doesn’t look like it’ll be moving any time soon, it does feel a lot less dry and itchy. I’m still not able to get a week between washes (long gone are those days for me), but with the Klorane Oatmilk Gentle Dry Shampoo, I’ve been able to get in an extra day and it’s perfect for adding a bit of body without using drying texturizing sprays. Yes, it is more expensive than Batiste at £6.35, but the price is on par with the likes of Tresseme and Charles Worthington, plus the ingredients are a lot gentler so for me, I'm happy to pay that little bit extra.

1 comment :

  1. having darker hair is definitely not easy, especially when you're lazy and trying to scrape through a few extra days without having to wash your hair. Oil really shows up more with our dark hair, and as you said a lot of dry shamppos leave white residue. we'll have to give this a go and see how it goes. we'd love not to have to wash our hair so often!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete